Friday, July 07, 2006

Malabrigo love


I couldn't wait. I wanted to show you the Malabrigo yarn I bought. It is wonderfully soft yarn. The tag says "kettle dyed pure merino wool" and it has 216 yards per 3.5 ounce skein. It comes in the most gorgeous colors. My pictures don't accurately show how beautiful the colors are, so check this out. http://www.malabrigoyarn.com/catalogo.htm

I bought mine from my LYS, Knitting Knight. (link on side bar)

I bought two skeins of purple (only one is in the picture because I am knitting with the other one) to knit a hat and a pair of mittens, and two skeins of what they call "saphire magenta" (their spelling, not mine) to knit another hat and pair of mittens. Amber knit a hat out of that and the yarn is gorgeous knit up. The colors look wonderful together.

Tonight is Friday and it was the first night of the new season of Monk. True confession: I love that show. I don't have television and that is the only show I miss. Here's another true confession: last season I downloaded each episode from itunes. Thanks to David, (suzanneatparadise44.blogspot.com) who sent it, and my son Ben, who put it in, my computer has a new DVD player, and I can put the episodes right onto a DVD. It was great fun but I can't download it anymore because now I only have dial-up. Deb was going to record it for me, I hope she didn't forget. (Deb?)

OK, that's it for the second time today.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ashley said...

wow- that's a beautiful color. i adore malabrigo. i'm not exactly a yarn expert, but malabrigo is by far my favorite so far- i knit the clapotis on knitty from malabrigo in polar morn (or moon in some catalogs). love, love, love this yarn! happy knitting-ashley

11:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home